Thursday, April 30, 2009

Fun in the Sun


My sister-in-law and I just got back from a great girls weekend to Nassau, Bahamas. I was a little worried we might not make it on the flights (the joys of flying standby) since there was a huge rain storm in New York and they were canceling flights left and right. But luckily we were able to go through Fort Lauderdale and bypass the congestion all together.

This was my view while taking a leisurely nap from flying all night. I needed it after stressing about our flights.

Bri relaxing by the pool listening to some tunes.

















We stayed on Cable Beach which is the nicest beach on the island.






While doing some shopping in Downtown Nassau, I came across some guitars made entirely out of soda cans. I thought they were pretty cool.



There was even a motorcyle made out of coke cans.





A candid shot together while enjoying the resort's nightly entertainment. Some of the music was a little interesting and the Bahamians sure love their music LOUD!
















We found a Ben & Jerry's at the Atlantis Resort...it sure was tempting.




Rum cakes were the dessert of choice on this island.
















Both Bri and I have a big fear of sharks...so we took some pictures of us with a shark (a fake one that is) as an inside joke. Bri wouldn't even go in the water past her ankles.


On our last night, Bri got the crowd jumping when she sang Michael Jackson's "Thriller" at kareoke night. (I chickened out)...but she did a great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment