Monday, March 2, 2009

Washington DC

I had the good fortune of going to DC to work a trade show with my good friend. Lately I have forgotten how fortunate I am to work for a company where I can fly for free and explore our great country. Things have been so stressful at work lately, especially with the economy...it was great to get away from the office and go to our Nation's capital and see the monuments and memorials of our great leaders and soldiers who risked their lives for our freedom. It really put things in perspective. It made me stop and think about what our Forefathers and ancestors went through to give us the luxuries we have today. As we were approaching the Vietnam Memorial, there was a Veteran soldier in his uniform leaving the memorial with tears streaming down his face. This set the mood for our visit and my emotions began to swell within me and tears began to form in my eyes. Both my Grandfathers served in the Vietnam war and all I could think as I looked at the names on the wall, was how many of these people served with my grandpas? It was a very humbling experience. I'm thankful I was able to see this great city. If you haven't had a chance to visit Washington DC, I recommend you make the trip. It will be one you won't forget!

1 comment:

  1. oh man I am so jealous! I want to go there so bad! Your pictures are super cute!

    ReplyDelete